The most common reason for getting botox is for cosmetic and beauty reasons. Simply put, botox relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles, making them temporarily disappear. Without the wrinkles, your skin looks smoother and more youthful. You look younger and revitalized.
Your appearance has improved and along with that comes internal change. Your self-esteem will rise and you will feel more confident.
There are also medical reasons to get botox and the results can be life-changing. Here are some of the medical issues that botox (botulinum toxin) can help with, or in some instances, cure:
• Migraines – We treat patients who suffer from painful migraines by injecting botox into their head and neck every three months. They report immense improvement in the severity and frequency of their migraines after botox treatment.
• Excessive sweating – Patients who suffer from excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis) show rapid improvement after botox treatment.
• Eye issues – A range of eye issues can be treated with botox, including drooping eyelids, eyelid muscle spasms (blepharospasm) and crooked eyes (strabismus).
• Facial ticks or twitching.
• Teeth grinding (bruxism).
So you can see botox is a bit of a wonder treatment that can be used for a wide range of health issues. This list is only some of the health issues that can be addressed with the use of botox.
Did you know botox was first used as a treatment for eye twitching and later recognized and approved for cosmetic use?