It can be very frustrating to deal with acne and acne scars. Since the vast majority of women (around 75%) will experience at least one breakout in their lives, it is important to learn how to get rid of acne scars as well as prevent them from occurring.
Acne scars come in many different shapes and sizes; some are barely noticeable and fade within months, while others may take years to disappear.
1) A new treatment that has been proven to be extremely effective for removing acne scars is the photodynamic therapy (PDT) procedure. It involves absorbing a photosensitizing chemical (most commonly Levulan or Lumenis LightSheer) and then exposing it to a light source known as a laser or intense pulsed light (IPL) for several minutes. This will activate the drug which then travels to the targeted tissue and destroys it, allowing new, healthy skin cells to grow in its place.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar is a popular home remedy because of its antibacterial properties. You can create an apple cider vinegar toner by mixing ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with 3/4 cup of water. Apply a thin layer using a cotton ball and allow it to air dry.
3) Another simple method for treating acne scars is by directly applying Vitamin E oil or cream to the affected area. You should apply this once daily until you have seen noticeable results, which may take a few months.
4) If you are looking for a more natural way to get rid of acne scars, try pure 100% Aloe Vera gel from an organic plant which you find in your local health store/grocery store. It is known to reduce the appearance of small scars and also moisturizes the skin. You can apply it 3 times per day for best results.
5) Another home remedy for acne scars is apple cider vinegar . Though it may sound strange, the use of apple cider vinegar dates back to ancient Greece when Hippocrates used it to heal wounds and cure skin ailments. Similar to other acne scar treatments, applying ACV topically helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and scars.
6) Another useful home remedy for how to get rid of acne scars is witch hazel . The astringent properties found in witch hazel help reduce the appearance of any redness that you may have from old acne marks, as well as shrink pores to a certain extent.
7) One method for treating acne scars at home is by using honey ; it acts as a natural antibiotic, reduces inflammation and soothes the skin.
8) If you are looking for an easy way to get rid of acne scars , try applying coconut oil once per day after you wash your face. Many consumers have reported seeing significant results within just two weeks of daily treatment.
9) Green tea is a natural antioxidant which can help fade the appearance of old acne scars and reduce redness. Simply steep 2 green tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes, then place them in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the bags and rub them over your face before washing thoroughly with warm water. Repeat this process twice daily to notice an improvement in your skin.
10) One of the simplest ways on how to get rid of acne scars naturally is by using lemon juice . Lemons are naturally acidic, which makes them useful anti-scars due to their ability to break down the darkened tissue left behind by old acne lesions. Simply apply lemon juice directly onto the scar with a cotton ball, leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process every day until you see results.
11) An effective way of how to get rid of acne scars naturally is by using a mixture of honey and cinnamon . Honey has antibacterial properties that help fight off bacteria, while the high levels of antioxidants found in cinnamon have been shown to reduce inflammation.
12) Another method for treating your acne scars at home is by making a mask with vitamin E and egg whites. Apply it directly to your affected area before bed and wash off in the morning for best results.
13) Another naturally effective way on how to get rid of acne scars is by using tomato juice . Tomato juice has been used as a natural remedy for many skin conditions, including age spots and sun-damaged skin. It can also be used to heal acne scars with regular application.
14) Argan oil is one of the most effective moisturizers for getting rid of existing acne scars. It is known to effectively reduce inflammation and improve skin elasticity, making it ideal for preventing new acne breakouts from occurring.
15) One effective way of how to get rid of acne scars naturally is by making a mask with cinnamon and nutmeg . The masks can be made by simply mixing these two ingredients with honey or plain yogurt, depending on how sensitive your skin is. Apply the mixture to affected areas and leave it on overnight before washing off in the morning.
16) Another method for getting rid of acne scars naturally is by mixing oatmeal with honey. The oatmeal helps exfoliate your skin while the honey fights off acne-causing bacteria.
17) Finally, one method of how to get rid of acne scars naturally at home is by using rosehip oil . Rosehip seed oil has been used for centuries in South America to help treat a variety of skin conditions, including scars and blemishes. It is a natural way to reduce the appearance of acne scars naturally, making this a great option for those who don’t want to use conventional creams or gels.